I don’t know what it is about us humans, but somehow we seem to believe that if we just have a dream about doing something, that somehow it’s just going to happen all by itself.
- So many of us want to lose weight; yet we never watch what we eat or exercise.
- So many us us want to learn something new; yet we go to the trouble of buying the book, and leave it sitting on a bookshelf, or on the table and expect that somehow the information is just going to magically get into our brains via osmosis.
- So many of us want a better job; but we don’t want to do the work necessary to upgrade our skills.
- So many of us want a better relationship; but we’re unwilling to make the sacrifices and do the work necessary to have one.
- So many of us want to be successful; but we never take the chance of doing the activities necessary to achieve success.
Am I the only one seeing this? I doubt it; but I’m one of those curious individuals who is always looking for answers, and here is what I think.
- We, most of us at least, will not make any changes unless we have hit ‘rock bottom’ and have no other choice.
- As humans we tend to avoid pain, and pursue pleasure; so when we have to do something new, which requires that we are uncomfortable for some time, we put it off for as long as possible. Unfortunately, for many of us, “as long as possible” can also end up being the rest of our lives.
- We fear change. Doing something new or different always carries with it its fair share of uncertainty; and we don’t like uncertainty.
So what the heck do we do?
Well, we – humans that is, were given the gift of “choice.” Animals didn’t get it; even the Angels didn’t get it; but we got it. How cool is that?
And guess what? This special gift allows us to “choose” what we want to do with our lives. Of course this can also be a hindrance for some individuals, because they can also ‘choose’ not to do some of the things that will help them achieve the goals that will allow them to live their best life.
So there it is. You get to choose – only you. And I would suggest you choose wisely, simply because whatever you choose is creating your destiny and you have no-one else to blame but yourself! It’s your choice and you choice alone.